DateNovember 15, 2016
Corebuild undertook a complete refurbishment of this Victorian terraced house close to the City. Like many similar projects, the owners wanted to greatly increase the internal space in a contemporary style without losing the period feel.
The works included:
• propping of the original structure
• increasing the depth and size of the small cellar to create useful utility space.
• Removing and replacing the existing roof structure to create a guest suite
• Build an extension in the style of the existing brickwork
• Complete mechanical and electrical renewal
• Protect and refurbish the existing period features
• Minimise visual impact from the street.
Utilising several of our specialist tradesmen and artisans, we left both clients and architects impressed with our attention to detail ensuring it was impossible to detect the transition between old and new.
This article was featured on homify in August 2017 – https://www.homify.co.uk/ideabooks/3804772/the-flawless-upgrade-of-a-four-storey-surbiton-home